Milk Thistle for Dog Liver Support
Essential liver support for dogs:
- Safe, long-term administration
- Supports regeneration of liver cells
- Helps maintain normal detoxification
Guaranteed to help your dog’s liver
- No known side effects: gentle for long-term use
- 1 bottle = 2 oz (59 ml) a 1 month supply for most medium dogs (up to 35 lbs)
A healthy liver is important because it detoxifies any chemicals or pesticides our dogs may be exposed to, toxins in food they scavenge, and chemical prescription drugs.
The liver performs dozens of different functions in the body, including clearing out toxins. Liver support is common for in older canines.
Many canines may benefit from support to metabolize and excrete prescription medications, which cause the liver to work harder. Milk Thistle is an excellent way to do this. It is not contraindicated with conventional medications and it is gentle enough for long-term use.
While some Milk Thistle sold in health stores is can be alcohol-based and should not be given to dogs, Pet Wellbeing's Milk Thistle is glycerine-based and safe for dogs.
Milk Thistle should be administered to every dog taking liver-taxing medications and for any other reason the liver may benefit from support.
The active ingredients in Milk Thistle are known collectively as silymarins.
- Help maintain the health of your dog’s liver.
- Supports excretion and metabolism of medications.
- Support the stability of liver membranes.
As an anti-oxidant, silymarin is even more effective than Vitamin E. It also helps support the production of new liver cells in dogs.
Milk Thistle provides useful health support when your canine is taking any medications.
Milk Thistle is gentle enough for long-term use.
Healthy Nutrition Tip for Your Dog's Liver
Processed foods stress your dog’s liver as it attempts to detoxify the preservatives and other additives like artificial flavours and colours. Go natural! Avoid grains and focus on healthy proteins from free-range, grass-fed animals. Green foods will help natural detoxification for your canine's liver, such as those you will find in Pet Wellbeing's SPARK. Expect your dog’s moods to be lifted as well! SPARK is a veterinarian-formulated, daily nutritional supplement for dogs of all ages.
Milk Thistle must be glycerine-based to be safe for dogs. Do not give your dog any supplements that contain alcohol.
Why choose Milk Thistle for your canine friend?
- Certified organic, ethically wild-harvested and selectively imported: This formula is prepared from organically grown, ethically wild-harvested and selectively imported herbs.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of our Milk Thistle is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Centre for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: Pet Wellbeing complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
Administer product orally once daily. Give one drop for every 1 lb (0.5kg) of body weight up to 50 lb. Over 50 lb, add one drop per additional 2 lb (1 kg).
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
We know animals can be finicky! Milk Thistle is enhanced with delicious natural bacon flavour. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your dog will like best.
Safe use in pregnant animals or animal's intended for breeding has not been proven. If animal's health declines or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
For animal use only. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.Milk Thistle seed (Silybum marianum)* …333 mg per ml (20 drops/ml) *Certified organic Inactive Ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavour, vegetable glycerin
Orders will be dispatched within 2 working days of receipt, Monday-Friday (excluding bank holidays) and wherever possible will be dispatched the same day.
We do not process any deliveries over weekends or on bank holidays. Deliveries are made between 7am and 7pm (later at busy periods).
FREE when you spend over £39 or £3.95 if less (mainland only)
Delivery within 2-3 working days from dispatch (this can be longer at busy periods such as run up to Christmas etc)
Tracked for service with courier
Next Working Day Delivery (with 1 hour delivery slot)
Available for £5.95 regardless of spend value
Delivery next day if ordered before 2pm
(note: orders on a Friday will be delivered Monday, weekend orders will ship Monday for Tuesday delivery).
DPD Tracked service. This is for Mainland UK addresses only
Email or text advising of a one hour delivery time slot. This will arrive the morning of your delivery day.
This service is a tracked next day service but the couriers will only guarantee delivery within 2 working days. At peak times this could be more likely. Please only contact us if you have not had delivery after 2 working days.
*Non Mainland Delivery is charged at £4.95 for Standard Delivery
Further details regarding delivery information can be found on our Delivery Information Page.