Throat Gold - Cough & Throat Soother for Dogs
- Throat comfort
- Normal immune response
- Trachea and larynx (voice box)
1 bottle = 59 ml (2 oz)
1 bottle is a 1-month supply for most medium sized dogs
Support your dog's upper respiratory tract
You can help support ongoing upper respiratory support by not letting your dog share toys, food or water with other, unknown dogs. Throat Gold can be administered before, during and after kennel boarding.
If your dog has been straining at the leash, Throat Gold can help support the tissues of the throat.
What is Throat Gold?
Throat Gold has been developed using herbal ingredients to holistically support the tissues of the throat and entire upper respiratory tract of dogs. Our veterinarians have selected herbs that address healthy respiration and immunity, but specifically immunity of the throat's tissue surface. Some of the herbs in Throat Gold are termed "demulcents". Demulcents are a type of plant constituent that are high in mucilage content and act to soothe and support tissues in the throat.
What is Throat Gold used for?
Throat Gold effectively works to maintain healthy tissues in the throat and upper respiratory tract and supports comfort in the throat. Animals who have stayed in areas with poor ventilation, feel stressed out (such as during travel) or are exposed to cigarette smoke may may benefit from added immune support. Kennel boarding is another time your dog benefits from immune support.
Throat Gold can also be used for hoarseness of the throat, including leash strain. The ingredients of this formula are highly effective for supporting and maintaining health and comfort of the upper respiratory tract.
Can my dog take Throat Gold with medications?
Use Throat Gold with caution if taking steroid medications.
Administer product orally twice daily. Give one drop for every 2 lb (1kg) of body weight up to 50 lb. Over 50 lb, add one drop per additional 4 lb (2 kg).
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
Reduce exposure to cigarette smoke, dust, cold temperatures, stress and poorly ventilated areas.
We know animals can be finicky! Throat Gold is enhanced with delicious natural bacon flavour. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your dog will like best.
Not to be used during pregnancy. If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. Use with caution in cardiac or kidney conditions or if taking steroids. Excessive or long-term use may cause or contribute to water retention or hypertension.
For animal use only. Keep out of reach of children and animals.
In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
- Wild Cherry bark (Prunus serotina): The peeled and dried bark of the tree has a long history of use in traditional European and North American medicine. Primarily, its actions are known to relieve the coughing reflex when a cough is dry and unproductive. Persistent coughing can exhaust the patient, from too much muscular contraction and force used in the effort of coughing. Wild Cherry bark is ideal for sore and tired lungs from the effort of coughing.
- Mullein leaf (Verbascum spp.): Mullein provides support to the lungs and throat. The leaves of Mullein contain mucilage, an important herbal component for breaking up mucous and soothing irritation in the throat.
- Usnea thallus (Usnea barbata): Usnea, also called "Old Man's Beard", supports immunity and works particularly well for immunity of the throat tissues. Appropriate for bacterial and viral conditions.
- Pelargonium root (Pelargonium sidoides):Pelargonium is a type of geranium indigenous to South Africa. Its properties for lung health and lung immunity have been known and extensively used for many years. Products containing Pelargonium sidoides extracts have been the focus of numerous medical studies in recent years.
- Hyssop herb (Hyssopus officinalis):Hyssop provides support for the trachea and larynx. Its soothing qualities for the throat make this herb useful for hoarseness due to leash strain and may provide some comfort for a collapsed trachea.
- Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra): One of the most widely used herbs, Licorice root supports the immune system while also providing direct soothing properties for the throat and lungs.
- Baikal Skullcap root (Scutellaria baicalensis):Baikal and Western Skullcap both have the ability to support the nervous system and have a calming effect. Baikal Skullcap has the added ability to support and maintain immunity and specifically support the lungs.
- Ginger rhizome (Zingiber officinale):Ginger is used extensively in herbal medicine for supporting both the immune system and the lungs. A small amount of Ginger has been included in Throat Gold to provide a slight warming quality to the formula.
- Propolis resin:One of the best known natural substances for lung and throat immunity, Propolis is a powerful addition to this comprehensive formula. Due to its potency and strong taste, a small amount has been used in this pet formula.
- The bark of the Slippery Elm tree contains high amounts of mucilage and is used for soothing the mucous membranes of the throat. Commonly used for cough and phlegm, it helps to soothe the throat.
... 347 mg per ml (20 drops/ml)
Inactive Ingredients: Deionzed water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin
Herbs are certified organic, ethically wild-harvested or selectively imported.
Orders will be dispatched within 2 working days of receipt, Monday-Friday (excluding bank holidays) and wherever possible will be dispatched the same day.
We do not process any deliveries over weekends or on bank holidays. Deliveries are made between 7am and 7pm (later at busy periods).
FREE when you spend over £39 or £3.95 if less (mainland only)
Delivery within 2-3 working days from dispatch (this can be longer at busy periods such as run up to Christmas etc)
Tracked for service with courier
Next Working Day Delivery (with 1 hour delivery slot)
Available for £5.95 regardless of spend value
Delivery next day if ordered before 2pm
(note: orders on a Friday will be delivered Monday, weekend orders will ship Monday for Tuesday delivery).
DPD Tracked service. This is for Mainland UK addresses only
Email or text advising of a one hour delivery time slot. This will arrive the morning of your delivery day.
This service is a tracked next day service but the couriers will only guarantee delivery within 2 working days. At peak times this could be more likely. Please only contact us if you have not had delivery after 2 working days.
*Non Mainland Delivery is charged at £4.95 for Standard Delivery
Further details regarding delivery information can be found on our Delivery Information Page.