How to get the most out of your new Snuggle Puppy
You've received your Snuggle Puppy and want to know more... Read on for helpful hints and crucial information to make the Snuggle Puppy your four legged friend’s new best friend
How do I use my Snuggle Puppy?
Remember, the snuggle puppy is not a toy. If introduced as a toy your dog will treat it as such, so the introduction is key. It is a companion for your dog and a solution for you.
You may want to spend some time introducing the Snuggle Puppy to your pet to help them bond. If you find your pet chewing on the snuggle puppy, simply remove it for an hour or so, set it out of reach, and then re-introduce it to your pet again. You will find they will make the distinction and bond quickly.
Using and activating the "real-feel" pulsing heartbeat
- Remove the plastic tab to activate the enclosed batteries
- Press and hold the button once to turn on the heartbeat for 8 hours.
- Press and hold the button for 5 seconds to turn on the heartbeat for 24-hour continuous use
- Your Snuggle Puppy will operate in run mode for about two weeks, 24/7 before needing to replace the batteries
- To replace the batteries, simply remove the plastic cover and replace the two "AAA” batteries. Please dispose of the "used" batteries responsibly
- Place the heartbeat into the Velcro pocket on the underside of the Snuggle Puppy (Also, don't forget to remove the heartbeat prior to washing!)
- Simply hold the button on the heart again for 3-5 seconds to turn the heartbeat off
Using the disposable heat packs
- Simply open the package; this will begin the heating process. (It typically lasts up to 24 hours)
- Place the pack (with or without the pulsing heart) into the underside Velcro pocket
- If you do not wish to use it for 24 hours, simply seal it in a plastic bag and squeeze out the air to stop the heating process
- The average temperature of the heat packs is 126F-144F
- That's it! It's that simple to get up and running.
If you require additional heat packs at any time we have these in stock Heatpacks for Snuggle Puppy.
Hints and tips to help with your Snuggle Puppy
- The snuggle puppy works best when placed in a crate/bed with your new puppy during crate/bed training. Always place the Snuggle Puppy in first then introduce your dog to their bed. Watch carefully until you know they are not treating it as a toy. If they do follow the instructions provided earlier.
- Take the Snuggle Puppy to your breeder a couple of weeks before you collect your puppy and tell them to put the snuggle puppy in with the litter. When you collect your new arrival, the Snuggle Puppy will also have the scent of your puppy's litter mates on it and make settling in even better
- When washing your Snuggle Puppy, wash on a gentle cycle using mild detergent. You will also want to air dry the snuggle puppy. Please refrain from using fabric softener as it can degrade the Velcro.Don’t forget to remove the heartbeat and heat pack prior to washing!
- If you find your pet chewing on the snuggle puppy, simply remove it for an hour or so, set it out of reach, and then re-introduce it to your pet again. You will find they will make the distinction and bond quickly.
A reminder of what exactly the Snuggle Puppy is and how it works to relieve anxiety.
The Snuggle Puppy has been designed to provide comfort and help to relieve anxiety for your four-legged friend. Whatever the case, whether crate training, fireworks, or perhaps a thunderstorm, rest assured the Snuggle Puppy will be there to help. Once your dog bonds with their Snuggle Puppy, you will find they will seek them out for comfort at times when you may not be able to be at home with them.
You may be asking yourself, "How does it do that!"? Well, it does so by simulating the same sense of security your puppy had when lying on their mother or with their litter-mates. If you've ever witnessed a litter sleeping or lying together, you know how peaceful they look all cuddled up. The Snuggle Puppy duplicates the sounds they hear and warmth by using the "real-feel" pulsing heartbeat and heat pack.
I’m hoping you found the information above helpful. I love hearing how your pup/dog gets on with the Snuggle Puppy so be sure to let me know and send any pictures or video’s you have – all of us here at TreatYourDog LOVE a great puppy/dog picture!