Would a Snuggle Puppy comforter help my puppy or anxious dog?
Lots of you ask whether the Snuggle Puppy comforter with real feel heartbeat will work for your puppy or dog. Some ask before collecting a new puppy, others ask once you have your pup or dog at home and can see they are not settling when being left alone.
I have shared how the snuggle puppy works and when it is perfect to be introduced to your dog or puppy.
Let’s start with what exactly the Snuggle Puppy is and how it works to relieve anxiety.
Whether they’re new to the family, or perhaps just going through a tough time, the Snuggle Puppy has been designed to provide comfort and help to relieve anxiety for your four-legged friend. Whatever the case, whether crate training, fireworks, or perhaps a thunderstorm, rest assured the Snuggle Puppy will be there to help. Once your dog bonds with their Snuggle Puppy, you will find they will seek them out for comfort at times when you may not be able to be at home with them.
You may be asking yourself, "How does it do that!"? Well, it does so by simulating the same sense of security your puppy had when lying on their mother with their litter-mates. If you've ever witnessed a litter sleeping or lying together, you know how peaceful they look all cuddled up. The Snuggle Puppy duplicates the sounds they hear and warmth by using the "real-feel" pulsing heartbeat and heat pack.
Pretty clever, right? To make sure you are getting the most out of the Snuggle Puppy, please follow the instructions below, and of course if you have questions about your Snuggle Puppy please get in touch.
The 5 benefits of a Snuggle Puppy comforter
1. Calms your dog or puppy naturally, no need for any medication
You are not impacting your dogs health negatively by using the Snuggle Puppy as no medication is required to aid calming and supporting you pet dog.
2. Calms your dog or puppy using natural instincts
Your pup is calmed using natural instincts as it allows them to feel part of the pack. Dogs are pack animals who are instinctively drawn to their mother and others in the pack. The Snuggle Puppy recreates this allowing the intimacy required to feel safe and secure
3. Your dog feels calmer, more peaceful and feels less loneliness, fear and separation anxiety
If introduced from day one of your bringing your new puppy, or rescue dog, home, they never feel left alone and continually feel calm with no fear. If introduced later, the Snuggle Puppy will reduce and eventually remove the feeling of fear and separation anxiety.
4. Contains a sophisticated “real-feel” pulsing heartbeat, mimicking fellow litter-mates or their mother
The heartbeat has had extensive development to ensure it truly mimics a dogs heartbeat (some inferior comforters just have a beating ticker which does not mimic a heartbeat). The heartbeat arrives with 2 new long-life AAA batteries with an on/off switch allowing it to be used when needed. If you used this continually 24/7 it would last up to 2 weeks
5. Safe disposable heat pack lasts 24 hours which is safe for dogs and people and provides physical warmth, again mimicking other litter-mates or their mother (or just another pet dog)
The disposable heat pack lasts 24 hours and is fully safe for pets and people (be careful of other heat packs as these may not be safe for animals). If you only require heat at night the heat pack can be stored to use once again if all 24 hours have not been required. Extra heat packs are available on our site and we recommended a minimum of 6 extra heatpacks to help settle a new pup. After this time you should be able to use only the heartbeat and Snuggle Puppy itself if they have settled.
How do I use my Snuggle Puppy?
Remember, the snuggle puppy is not a toy. It is a companion for your dog and a solution for you. You may want to spend some time introducing the Snuggle Puppy to your pet to help them bond. If you find your pet chewing on the snuggle puppy, simply remove it for an hour or so, set it out of reach, and then re-introduce it to your pet again. You will find they will make the distinction and bond quickly.
Using and activating the "real-feel" pulsing heartbeat
- Remove the plastic tab to activate the enclosed batteries
- Press and hold the button once to turn on the heartbeat for 8 hours.
- Press and hold the button for 5 seconds to turn on the heartbeat for 24-hour continuous use
- Your Snuggle Puppy will operate in run mode for about two weeks, 24/7 before needing to replace the batteries
- To replace the batteries, simply remove the plastic cover and replace the two "AAA” batteries. Please dispose of the "used" batteries responsibly
- Place the heartbeat into the Velcro pocket on the underside of the Snuggle Puppy (Also, don't forget to remove the heartbeat prior to washing!)
- Simply hold the button on the heart again for 3-5 seconds to turn the heartbeat off
Using the disposable heat packs
- Simply open the package; this will begin the heating process. (It typically lasts up to 24 hours)
- Place the pack (with or without the pulsing heart) into the underside Velcro pocket
- If you do not wish to use it for 24 hours, simply seal it in a plastic bag and squeeze out the air to stop the heating process
- The average temperature of the heat packs is 126F-144F
- That's it! It's that simple to get up and running.
To purchase additional heat packs, click here.
Hints and tips to help with your Snuggle Puppy
- The snuggle puppy works best when placed in a crate/bed with your new puppy during crate/bed training
- Take the Snuggle Puppy to your breeder a couple of weeks before you collect your puppy and tell them to put the snuggle puppy in with the litter. When you collect your new arrival, the Snuggle Puppy will also have the scent of your puppy's litter mates on it and make settling in even better
- When washing your Snuggle Puppy, wash on a gentle cycle using mild detergent. You will also want to air dry the snuggle puppy. Please refrain from using fabric softener as it can degrade the Velcro. Don’t forget to remove the heartbeat and heat pack prior to washing!
- If you find your pet chewing on the snuggle puppy, simply remove it for an hour or so, set it out of reach, and then re-introduce it to your pet again. You will find they will make the distinction and bond quickly.
I’m hoping that reading this has helped you make your decision around whether to get a Snuggle Puppy for your pup or dog. There are so many benefits to having one and I have tried to answer any questions you may have. But if I haven’t please get in touch at email@example.com and someone will come back to you quickly.
Snuggle Puppies are available in different options, with Biscuit and Brown Mutt being very popular. The heatpacks are available in packs of 3 or 6, with the 6 pack being more cost effective. We also have bundles with a Snuggle Puppy and heatpacks which are even more cost effective.